Are you innovative, energetic, a team player & results-driven? Are you passionate about building new businesses? We are looking for a Marketplace Business Development Manager to join our highly motivated and extremely talented team to identify and acquire sellers for our new, exciting and innovative marketplace.
MassGenie is a social shopping marketplace specifically designed and curated to provide a fun, memorable shopping experience. It brings people together to discover products.
MassGenie's unique model offers people opportunities to make their voices heard. "Power Deals" give buyers leverage to drive down prices through crowd shopping fueled by social media. Sellers compete to offer buyers the deepest discounts.
This Role Will Have Several Key Responsibilities Including
- Attract sellers with a focus on apparel, footwear, home goods, beauty, outdoors, sporting goods, pet supplies and auto parts.
- Recruit potential and appropriate marketplace sellers by utilizing industry and market knowledge, online research, other marketplace platforms, partner referrals and cold calls via telephone and email to be onboarded and to sell on MassGenie
- Be a primary contact to serve seller account throughout the onboarding and integration process
- Work with new sellers to develop initial Power Deals (volume deals) to present to the Director of Marketplace
- Comfortable making many cold calls, emails and talking to new people all day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: the ability to call/email, connect and interact with potential sellers
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Eager to expand MassGenie with new sellers
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- In-depth understanding of apparel, footwear, home goods, health/beauty, outdoors, sporting goods, pet supplies and auto parts.
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential seller
- Knowledge of sale process from initiation to close
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) and G Suite by Google (Docs & Sheets)
- 2 years of work experience in ecommerce business development
- E-marketplace industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing (or equivalent work experience)