Masonite is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team! We are looking for a Graphic Designer with a strong aesthetic sense and a high level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite to develop high end, trend forward imagery that will be applied to consumer-facing products. You will work in a friendly, collaborative environment and be directly involved in growing an industry leading technique and technology.
- Design, development and successful deployment of high resolution surface artwork and painting.
- Collaborate with ID, Marketing and Product Management teams to create high end, trend forward imagery for surfaces.
- Market and trend research.
- Procuring materials, scanning and preparing imagery.
- Color correction, artwork manipulation, pre-press preparation.
- Carry artwork from concept through production.
- Development of etching artwork.
- Ensure consistent print quality + output.
- Assist with production print issues as required.
- Trade shows, competitive audits, market trends.
- Drives research, design, development, and deployment of surface decoration artwork and technology.
- Production related troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Develop and lead color management, image development, and printing technology.
- Seeks and identifies new design and technology trends that keeps Masonite on the leading edge.
- Attention to timeline and details. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective at collaboration, brainstorming and teamwork throughout assigned projects.
- Liaison between printing capability at the plant location and R+D center.
- Surface and/or textile design experience a plus.
- Excellent proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator, image adjustment, and RIP software.
- Strong knowledge of color management techniques and color matching.
- Knowledge of printing technologies and techniques, large format preferred.
- Adopts ownership and drive projects from image creation through production.
- Experience working in product development/commercialization preferred.
- Good communication skills and a teamwork approach.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of surface design or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with large format printers.
- Ability to coordinate intended print outputs with printer color profiles.
- Experience with production printing and image generation for building/home/commercial building products a plus.
- Able to travel ~25%.
- Associates Degree minimum, Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) preferred.
- Degree in a design discipline required, graphic design preferred.