Masonic Village at Elizabethtownis immediately hiring a Pharmacy Technician.This is a Part Time Day/Eveningopportunity.
At Masonic Villages of Pennsylvania, our mission is simple; it is a Mission of Love. Our caring communities and services assist individuals, families, and children in realizing their potential and enjoying the highest possible quality of life through the traditions of Freemasonry.
Why Choose Masonic Villages:
For over 146 years, we've been living out our mission of caring for people and enriching the lives of others. To do this successfully, we need a team of individuals who are:
- Committed to providing heartfelt customer service
- Talented, and seeking ongoing professional growth & enrichment
- Innovative and accepting of change
- Invested in contributing to our team environment.
Recognizing our employees as our strongest asset, we value each unique person for their strength, contribution, and heart. We offer an intuitive benefits package, including some of the best compensation in our industry, because we know when our team is healthy, fulfilled, and able to pursue their dreams, they are empowered to make dreams come true every day for our residents.
What You'll Do:
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will carry out our Mission of Love by assistingthe pharmacist in the dispensing of pharmaceutical products and providing pharmacy services to long term care facilities and other contracted entities. Assisting in ordering and maintaining of an adequate inventory of pharmaceutical products. Our Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for the following:
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately use pharmacy software to process prescriptions, process various reports as necessary, assist with billing, and complete annual inventory.
- Label and pre-package unit dose medications as directed.
- Enter resident information in the computer to either prepare a new profile or retrieve previously created profiles. Ensure demographics, medication profile, allergies, and third party information remains up-to-date.
- Process all prescriptions and refill requests received by the pharmacy under the supervision of the pharmacist.
- Process orders of new medications and supplies sent to the pharmacy by distributors or drug manufacturers. Check orders against packing slips, indicate date received, and store medications appropriately, rotating stock when shelving items.
- Assist in maintaining an organized filing system for provider order sheets, prescriptions, invoices, recalls, and other documents necessary for pharmacy operations.
- Assist residents and pharmacists in the over-the-counter pharmacy area as needed. Handle questions that do not require a pharmacist's professional expertise or judgement. Offer counseling by the pharmacist in situations of needing expertise.
What You Definitely Have:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy technician certification and experience preferred.
- Medical background or medical secretary experience preferred.
- Computer skills helpful.
Learn more about working at Masonic Villages of PA at our careers page:http://masonicvillages.org/careers/
Masonic Village at Elizabethtown