Facilities Engineer and Manager
- $105,000 to $130,000 Yearly
Building Engineer and Manager
The building engineer and manager will report to the executive vice president and will lead a team of staff and vendors to ensure that the building shines inside and outside. This is a highly visible position as the California Masonic Memorial Temple stands in the company of impressive neighbors including Grace Cathedral, Pacific Union Club, the Fairmont and Mark Hopkins hotels.
The building engineer and manager utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance; and utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company policies related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, elevators, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves prescribed environmental conditions.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, remodeling, HVAC, security systems, plumbers, elevators, and cleaning.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum. Maintains solar energy system.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises a building technician and janitorial staff. Creates schedules, assigns tasks, provides training, and performance evaluation.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience as facilities manager, engineer or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Hands on experience in active building management including doing routine maintenance and operational activities herself or himself
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
- As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require COVID vaccination.
Masonic Homes/Acacia Creek
1111 California StreetSan Francisco, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.