Director of Development
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Development is to direct the efforts of the Mason Preparatory School through its short-term and long-term fundraising programs as it supports the mission.
Mason Prep School is known for having a family atmosphere where everyone is known and valued. Our teachers and staff are a dedicated team of educators who support each other and are kind to one another, creating a dynamic, creative, and fun work environment. Teachers and staff work in partnership with our families to support our students both academically and emotionally in order to provide the best possible learning experience.
Reports to: Head of School
· Develop and implement a comprehensive goal-based fundraising program that includes annual and planned giving programs, major gifts, stewardship and donor relations, alumni relations, parent programs, and fundraising events.
· Create and manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors; develop and implement a cultivation and stewardship program.
· Establish fundraising forecasts, develop calendars and action plans, create and oversee the development budget, and prepare regular reports for the Head of School and Foundation Board of Directors.
· Partner with the Director of Communication to promote Mason Prep and enhance the School’s visibility and reputation.
· Serve as an ambassador for Mason Prep throughout the Charleston community.
· Strengthen alumni relations and relationships with alumni parents.
· Plan and manage cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship events.
· Design and implement donor recognition and stewardship plans for various constituencies.
· Maintain an up-to-date donor database.
· Manage and carry out gift processing and acknowledgement processes.
· Initiate prospect research.
· Research and apply for grants.
· Develop relationships with local and regional foundations to maximize financial support.
· Recruit and train volunteer leaders to assist in the cultivation and solicitation of donors.
· Work in careful coordination with the Foundation’s Board of Directors, Head of School, and the School’s Board of Trustees.
· Five years of development experience, preferred.
· Leadership experience, preferred.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to think strategically and independently
· Excellent writing and speaking skills.
· History of setting and meeting fundraising goals.
· Independent school experience is preferable but not essential.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with school families while maintaining strict confidentiality of information.
· Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through with multiple projects simultaneously.
· Working knowledge of fundraising software. Raiser’s Edge experience, preferred.
· Experience training and motivating volunteers as fundraisers.
· High energy and passion for the mission and values of Mason Prep.
Schedule and working hours: Regular work hours are 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Monday through Friday, with meetings and other events occurring outside of these regular work hours. The Director of Development is expected to work on all days during the school year of the School when its administrators are expected to work. During the School’s summer vacation, work hours are reduced for twelve-month employees of the School and typically involve a shortened work day and work week; the Director of Development will be expected to follow the schedule for twelve-month employees of the School.
Wages and Benefits: As determined and set forth in a current offer letter or employment contract signed by the Head of School.
Special requirements: None
Mason Preparatory School
Get fresh Director Business Development jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.