Mason Jar Organics is currently hiring for the position of Lab Technician.
Our products include: CBD full-spectrum distillate, THC-free distillate, and other custom formulated offerings. The company currently operates in a 26,000 sq. ft. facility and uses ethanol extraction in order produce oil.
The Lab Technician is responsible for producing industrial hemp oil/extract through various extraction techniques and processes. They are expected to have a firm understanding of the mechanical and chemical principles that are being applied during processing. They are also expected to record essential processing information during production and report the information electronically on each batch that is processed. Making hands on decisions will surround the following principles: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
· Refining CBD oil into salable products
· Collecting data required to make improvements and modifications
· Investigating and troubleshooting processes
· Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines and within budgets
· Ensuring that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities
· Is mechanically inclined; able to find and diagnose mechanical issues with industrial equipment
· Experience working with/on lab equipment including glass columns, roto-evaporators and chromatography
· Maintains a positive “can do” attitude in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
· Able to contribute positively to conversations about process improvement
· Demonstrates high level attention to detail
· Has the ability to work with other team members as well as by oneself.
· Ability to read and interpret written and oral instructions.
· Can contribute to and improve SOP’s.
· Maintain perfect compliance
· Must be able to pass a background check