Shipyard Project Manager - Relocation Available
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Manager Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a Project Manager for a very well established and growing shipyard in the Norfolk, VA area on a full-time permanent basis.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager will supervise and coordinate all activities and employees within the shop.
- Reviews specifications and estimates man-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Complies a list of required materials and supplies for completion of the job.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders for workers and assigns to specific jobs.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures/schedules to meet production schedules.
- Provides Estimator with input when bid requires pricing for shop work.
- Sets up and conducts training seminars as required for safety and other issues that may arise.
- Directly initiating and/or implementing a production schedule and man-hour estimates for completion of a job assignment
- Perform supervisory and management functions related to job cost accounting.
- Responsible for ordering the required materials and supplies for the completion of jobs.
- Assigns duties and adjusts work procedures/schedules to meet production schedules.
- Ensures that the workers accomplish the required job assignments.
- Maintains an accurate record of employee time and certification records.
- Ensures that yard safety rules and regulations are upheld throughout the yard.
- Carries out duties as assigned by the VP of Production for the following departments
- Responsible for allocating resources to proper projects.
- Recommends and approves hiring and discharging of employees.
- Meets with customers and ship superintendents to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
- Assigns superintendents to jobs.
- Conducts production meetings daily.
- Schedules docking and undocking with superintendents.
- Oversees capital improvements and repairs to the facility.
- Assist on setting priorities for repair work and disseminating this information to the shop supervisors and leader men, applicable administrative departments, and reports to the Vice President – Production.
- Supplies support on bids. Estimates additional items to the work package
- Billing: Tracks all job cost. Provides weekly billing projections. Prepares, edits and proofreads correspondence, invoices, and related materials. Submits completed invoices to the billing department for payment. Calls on delinquent accounts
- Contracts: Negotiates contracts with customers.
Project Manager Requirements:
- Knowledge of administration and management. Must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production and coordinate people and equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in shipbuilding, specific to his/ her department.
- Knowledge of equal opportunity and affirmative action principles and procedures for employment actions such as hiring, training and labor relations.
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written expression and comprehension, critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong—to recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when carrying out duties and to maintain good working relationships with the public and fellow employees.
- Strong mathematical abilities and the ability to remember words, numbers and other information. Must be able to read, understand and apply information obtained from blueprints, surveys and job specifications.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet).
- Advanced mechanical skills a plus.
- CDL with endorsements and a clean driving record.
- A minimum of two to four years of related skill, knowledge or experience is needed for these occupations. Must include related on-the-job training and experience in shipbuilding.
- Experience and training must include methods, techniques, equipment and hands-on experience in a supervisory position.
- High school degree or equivalent.
Masis Professional Group