WANT TO JOIN A RAPIDLY GROWING SALES TEAM!? LOOK NO FURTHER!
Sales Representative Job Description:
This position spends a majority of time outside of the office calling on prospective customers and following up on sales leads. Maintains relationships with existing clients to sell the customer on continued use of our client's services, ensure customer service, facilitate yearly renewals and to utilize as a source for referrals for other sales. Completes bid paperwork in a timely manner; finalizes new client contracts and participates in new client orientations to help assure first payroll is run.
Sales Representative Functions:
- Meets minimum acceptable sales and activity levels.
- Builds relationships with prospect and current clients to give and get referrals. Focuses on relationship selling.
- Calls on prospective customers to explain benefits, and value of our client’s service offering.
- Promotes extended services to prospective and existing clients.
- Follows up on sales leads generated from a variety of sources.
- Develops a prospective customer list generated by various methods.
- Completes bid paperwork in a timely manner and finalizes new client contracts.
- Accomplishes sales goals determined through consultation with management.
- Travels throughout the market area and spends a majority of time outside of the office, meeting with prospects and clients for the purpose of selling the Company’s services. Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate changes in prospect’s or client's plans.
Sales Representative Skills:
- Principles and practices of general outside sales processes, including assessing buyer styles and sales personalities; ability to interpret, analyze, and apply company policies, objectives, and sales policies; appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior situations in a variety of business circumstances.
- Methods and techniques used in persuasion and negotiation of conflicts and problems; dealing constructively with conflict; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
- Knowledge of small business operations and challenges, and human resource related needs is preferred.