Established Manufacturing Company in Sterling has an immediate need for an experienced Purchasing Manager.
This is a 6 month contract.
Purchasing Manager is responsible for assuring the continuous supply and timely procurement of materials and supplies in order to maintain maximum production levels at optimum costs consistent with quality specifications. Work closely with the buyers to track data that is required for Purchasing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PURCHASING MANAGER:
· Optimization of ERP system
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of uses of the purchased supplies.
· Investigate all sources to determine market trends that may have an effect on prices.
· Assist the Director of Corporate Procurement in obtaining bids and awarding contracts.
· Maintain accurate up-to-date cost records. Keep accurate records for all items including master and basic data specifications for all items purchased.
· Track purchasing data for the department.
· Schedule meetings.
· Cross-train other employees.
· Consults with and works closely with Production personnel and production planning concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and make improvements to processes.
· Work with production personnel to introduce new products and processes into production.
· Provides forecasts for new products to operations department to ensure products comply with established procedures and requirements.
· Backup the buyers
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have ability to work with internal and external customers and providers.
- Establishes priorities and appropriate course of action.
- Ability to think and to find ways to accomplishing objectives and assignments.
- Purchasing experience in manufacturing is a MUST.
- Great negotiating skills.
- Must be computer literate (proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Power Point). Microsoft Dynamics systems. Should have above average Excel skills – example Pivot tables
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three or one to three years related supervisory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College Grad preferred.
Masis Professional Group
Why Work Here?
Our mission is simple, bring together outstanding talent and great organizations.