LOOKING TO JOIN AN INDUSTRY LEADER? HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!
Support and maintain the company's core infrastructure under the direction of the IT Manager. Manage and support the Tech Desk to enable the support team to carry out tasks effectively and efficiently.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Under direction of the IT Manager cover off all aspects of development, support and maintenance of the core IT network and infrastructure, utilizing the below technical skills
- Manage all incoming IT support tickets or calls and direct to the necessary support person as necessary.
- Support account requests and changes for Email, network and software.
- Be available via phone (mobile or landline) during normal work hours
- Manage updates and fixes to various systems outside normal staff working hours as appropriate, providing direction for the IT Support Specialists
- In co-operation with the IT Manager, provide a schedule of works and estimated timescales for major upgrades and changes to all aspects of the IT environment during shut down periods, ensuing that projects get completed on time with the minimum of disruption. Hours of work are likely to be very different than those during term time
Technical Skills for Assistant IT Manager:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory and GPO design & management
- SQL Server
- MS Windows current and past versions
- LANs, WANs, TCP/IP, Routing, VPN’s, Firewall
- Rack mounted servers / switches / routers and other associated hardware
- Wireless network setup, management and security
- Installation of 3rd party applications, including push installs
- Ability to troubleshoot & repair server & PC hardware
- Awareness of mainstream mobile technologies, including tablets (e.g. iPad, Nexus, etc)