Controller Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for Financial Controller in the Jackson, WY area for a well established distribution company. The Controller will oversee the accounting department and will be responsible for forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing the financials to make sound decisions to assist with company to experience continued growth.
- This position reports to the company’s General Manager
- The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, which includes the production of periodic financial reporting, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
- Maintain balance sheet and general ledger integrity
- Manage all accounting functions including A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting, cash flow management inventory accounting, and revenue recognition
- Supervise accounting staff; mentor and develop an effective team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Provide weekly financial reporting to managers showing actual spending vs. budget
- Manage and ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, cash control, payroll processing and total payroll tax compliance
- Responsible for annual budget development and reporting
- Responsible for cash management and planning
- Cross-functional support to the rest of the organization
- Guide and manage the audit process and primary relationship with the external auditor
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Work closely with outside accounting firm to facilitate annual audit and tax filings
- Project management as needed
- Management, training and performance reviews of accounting staff
- Collaboration with management on all levels
- Participation on the leadership and management team
- Periodic business travel as required.
- a minimum of 10 years of Financial Management experience
- a minimum of 5 years of leadership and management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with ERP applications and ability to conduct comprehensive modeling and presentations utilizing applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Word.