Masis Professional Group (MPG) Dracut, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Currently looking to hire an experienced Buyer II for an exciting opportunity in Dracut, MA!
- Plan and purchase any and all parts and material to insure availability at lowest possible cost and investment while maximizing customer service
- Plan and purchase higher end commodities and fabricated parts
- Respond to MRP demand in a timely manner (daily), placing orders for material in response to forecasts and customer requirements
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of supplier base; manage and develop alternate supplier relationships as performance and business requirements dictate
- Manage purchase agreements and contracts for materials, as to sources, quotations, prices, terms, etc., ensuring uniformity, economy and limitation of liability
- Expedite parts shortages and past due parts and initiate corrective action to remedy shortage problems
- Initiate projects and programs; carries them through to fruition
- Manage database of substitute materials and alternate methods, or new sources for required materials anticipating make vs. buy cost trends in light of future forecasts for components
- Manage creative supplier agreements/contracts that focus on efficient delivery of material, utilizing lean concepts such as pull systems, consignment and bread man to minimize inventory and limit out of stock situations
- Control inventory/ordering procedures to minimize exposure to surplus and obsolete inventories
- Maintain consistent interface with Engineering and Manufacturing management and other internal customers
- Responsible for a set number of suppliers and order placement with them on a day to day basis
- High School Diploma required;
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a buyer in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with a diverse population
- Maintain a high level of quality and quantity of work
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills in a windows environment; MRP/ERP systems, MS Office
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to thrive in a fast paced setting.
- Possess interpersonal and customer service skills
- Prioritize work efficiently and effectively
- Detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy; dependable and punctual
- Professional in behavior and appearance
Masis Professional Group (MPG)
We bring great candidates to great companies.
BusinessView all jobs at Masis Professional Group (MPG)