Cartographic Analyst - Journeyman
- Posted: over a month ago
Journeyman - Cartographic Analyst on MACSS G-033
Location: NCW (St. Louis, MO)
Job ID: 20220328211136
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Shift: 2nd Shift
We are seeking a Cartographic Analyst. They will work within a government/contractor team environment providing Digital Nautical Chart and Electronic Nautical Chart Conversion, Production and Review as well as provide support to existing and developing mission areas. Future needs and capabilities, as well as developmental assignments, are included. Must currently possess an active TS/SCI level security clearance and be willing to obtain a Polygraph level clearance to be considered for this position.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Digital Nautical Chart and or Electronic Nautical Chart Conversion production by performing Cartographic and GIS analyst functions
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, digital hydrographic survey data and ortho-rectified imagery
- Updating source and source catalogs and information
- Data Conversion/migration
- Scriptwriting/generation to improve efficiency of the production process
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Requires 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and NGA digital data formats
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to NGA hydrographic products and databases
- Knowledge of IC, DoD, NGA, and GEOINT communities
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills
- A bachelor's degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience.
- A master's degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to two additional years of this experience.
- TS/SCI clearance is required
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Masego Inc. provides expert Geospatial Intelligence Solutions in addition to Activity Based Intelligence (ABI) and GEOINT instructional services. Masego provides expert-level Geospatial Collection Management, Full Motion Video; Human Geography; Information Technology and Cyber; Technical Writing; and ABI, Agile, and other professional training.
Masego is a HUBZone Certified and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in Fredericksburg, Virginia. With high-level expertise and decades of experience, coupled with proven project management systems and top-notch client support, Masego enhances the performance capabilities of the Department of Defense and the intelligence community.
Pay and Benefits
We seek to provide and take care of our team members. We currently offer Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Generous PTO, and more!
Masego, Inc. is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Virginia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Masego, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSaint Louis, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?