We are hiring a variety of Technician positions to join our Engineering team!
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you enjoy putting equipment to the test to ensure that quality standards are met? If so, we are looking for you! As a Technician, you will apply your specific and related experiences to the testing of electronic, electro-mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. These positions regularly work from schematics, drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions utilizing basic test and measuring equipment. In this position, you will report to the Lab Supervisor and will also work with our team of Technicians and Test Engineer.
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you skilled in electronics, electrical, and mechanical testing ? You will perform testing of warranty parts, and disposition them per the Warranty Parts Process. You will also perform testing of components and systems as required for New Product Development or Product Improvement.
- Are you detailed oriented ? You will be responsible for entering required data accurately into database(s) as required, running/preparing reports for review and accurately logging data into spreadsheet(s) as required.
- Can you troubleshoot to the component level ? You will perform Root Cause Analysis on failed components, identifying failure modes and trends as well as suggesting corrective actions to resolve design or manufacturing issues.
- Are you self-motivated ? You will work with limited supervision in this position, therefore must be able to work independently when needed.
- Are you willing to work off-site ? Occasionally, you may be asked to travel to perform various duties at our manufacturing plants in Tijuana, Mexico or work at local field sites performing tests/maintenance on spas for conferences, photoshoots, or other company events.
- Associate's degree in Electro Mechanical / Electronics Engineering Technology preferred.
- A minimum of 2 - 5 years of related experience and/or training. The equivalent combination of education and/or related experience may be considered.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Familiar with using the internet and devices that connect to it: Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, and other communications technologies.
- General knowledge of mathematical concepts such as Algebra and Trigonometry.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- This job may require some travel (5%) to photoshoots, tradeshows, Beta sites, etc...
At Watkins Wellness, people matter. To help you, "Feel good. Live well", at work and at home, we provide a competitive package including: exceptional health and wellness benefits, paid time off, bonus, profit sharing, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more.
We look for candidates that exhibit The Watkins Way (always Ethical, endeavors to be Transparent, embraces Inclusion, welcomes Diverse backgrounds and perspectives, Accommodating, believes in Work-Life Balance, puts Safety First, Accountable, values Relationships, Passionate, Team Player, and Goal Driven).
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full or Part Time
Watkins (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr paint; Delta and Hansgrohe faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid and Merillat cabinets; Milgard windows and doors; Kichler decorative and outdoor lighting and HotSpring spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders.
Masco embraces its responsibility to the communities where we live, work and do business, and we are confident that our actions are making an important difference from coast to coast. We maintain partnerships with a wide range of organizations, including Habitat for Humanity, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, City of Hope, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, World Vision, United Way and countless other nonprofits both big and small.