MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec - Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you'll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. MOS Codes 36A and 36B relate well to this position.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and general office support to the site and regional operations to ensure smooth and effective office operation and maximum efficiency. The Administrative Assistant will act as the primary point of contact for site personnel, including crews and supports the site and region.
- Assist and support field management on projects and daily business needs.
- Establish and maintain a filing system, ensuring documentation/information is current and can be readily retrieved.
- Assist with external and internal vendor relations, including but not limited to, payment of invoices, new vendor setup, and resolution of any vendor issues.
- Handle incoming calls, emails, and company related correspondence daily, including customer inquiries and complaints, routing inquiries/requests to appropriate individual/department for response, following up and providing any coordination necessary to ensure response occurs in timely, efficient manner.
- Assist customers with immediate needs and help employees with tasks related to customer requests.
- Track paperwork, process new work/projects, change the status of work/projects, complete CUs, create invoices for all jobs and keep a detailed record of start and end dates in a separate log.
- Organize and coordinate staff and other meetings, including preparing materials pertaining to agenda items, following up with staff members regarding status of action items, etc.
- Respond timely to requests from Resource Management and Field Operations.
- Keep site bulletin boards updated and neatly organized with company newsletters, safety bingo, daily scorecards, federal posters, workers compensation information, etc.
- Attend crew meetings as needed to collect documents, communicate information, and respond to inquiries.
- Maintain safe work environment by following and supporting safe practices.
- Prepare and submit expense reports weekly in accordance with company policy, including for traveling technicians and new hires.
- Receive payroll timesheets and input in a timely fashion to ensure employees get paid on time.
- Assist/provide backup support to other office support employees as required.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is primarily sedentary, with some filing or lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
1. A High School Diploma, or equivalent.
2. 2 years of related clerical or administrative experience.
3. Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and quality of work.
4. Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple tasks.
5. Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and deliver exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers.
6. Ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgement.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Ability to be results-oriented, taking initiative to make things happen, accept accountability, and have a "can do" attitude.
9. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
10. Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
11. Ability to ...