JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction and supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, leads, manages and oversees the planning, development, and implementation of the Organization’s Program Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB EXPECTATIONS:
1. Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
2. Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
3. Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of process and outcome measures to demonstrate the organization’s performance and to identify areas for continuous program improvement.
4. Develops and manages the systems required to collect, analyze, and report data needed to monitor program performance, outcomes, and quality, as well as compliance with contract and regulatory requirements.
5. Develops efficiencies related to data management and systems.
6. Collaborates with the Director of Quality Improvement and the VP/IT to develop an effective and efficient Quality Improvement and Performance Management Systems throughout Maryvale.
7. Support Maryvale’s Performance and Quality Improvement Plan and participate in discussion regarding department or program goals, data collection and/or analysis.
8. Develops a clear understanding of, and expertise in, funder and regulatory agencies standards and requirements for monitoring/evaluation methodologies. Responsible for disseminating this information to Maryvale staff when needed, and guiding program staff in understanding and responding to research, analytics, reporting and program evaluation activities and follow-up.
9. Oversees the production of regularly scheduled reports for program staff, management and executive leadership to help assess program performance and productivity and inform strategic decision-making.
10. Manages, coaches, and leads Program Monitoring and Evaluation staff to meet the needs of the organization.
11. Oversees the use of all available databases, as well as those supported by contracting entities, and explore additional software as feasible to ensure a comprehensive set of data and sophisticated tools for analysis and reporting.
12. Develops a forum for staff review of data to foster a reflective and open discussion of strengths, problem spots, and strategies for continuous improvement.
13. Works with Directors to identify staff training needs that are indicated by data, and assists with the implementation of training, coaching, and other activities to address those needs.
14. Follow Universal Precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids.
15. Follow Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations pertaining to safety and the use of equipment/machinery.
1. Master’s degree in relevant field required.
2. Experience in program management and evaluation, applied research, and/or data analysis in a human services environment.
3. EXYM experience highly desirable.
4. Leading the development of new departments and structures highly desirable.
5. Knowledge of behavioral and/or physical healthcare services in California. LA DMH and DCFS highly desirable.
6. Knowledge and skill in data analysis and development of statistical reports.
7. Strong analytic, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
8. Demonstrated management and leadership abilities.
9. Articulate and effective communicator, in both written and verbal form.