Director of Operations
Mary's Place Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Operations (DOO) to lead the functions critical to enabling the mission and vision of Mary’s Place and take responsibility for efficient operations and logistics across all Mary’s Place sites including 24/7 family centers. The DOO will have several main areas of focus including Facilities, Transportation, Food Service, and In-Kind Donations. As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, the right candidate must possess a commitment to Mary’s Place’s mission, values, and culture.
In collaboration with the Executive Director (“ED”), the DOO will direct operational activities to ensure Mary’s Place has all the proper controls, shelter requirements, and systems in place to ensure operating efficiency, manage growth and meet the strategic goals of the organization. The DOO will be responsible for planning, controlling, and coordinating all the activities within the scope of this operations role. The DOO will coordinate and adjust organizational processes and facility operations as needed to ensure smooth execution of policies and procedures. The DOO will be expected to be a key decision-making member of the management team.
The DOO actively engages in Mary’s Place racial equity work – striving for equitable outcomes and taking responsibility for creating, maintaining, and affirming communities for people of color, immigrants and refugees, trans and gender-non-conforming people, and other populations who routinely encounter systemic oppressions.
This position reports to the ED. This position supervises the team of Managers for each of the operational areas.
This is a full-time, exempt position with the flexibility to work some weekends, evenings, and holidays to meet the demands of the job. The annual salary is $85K - $95K DOE.
Strategic Leadership (25%)
· Participate on the Executive Leadership Team
· Establish and achieve operational goals and objectives for performance and growth
· Measure effectiveness of all internal and external processes. Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports of the operating condition of each site as well as the overall organization
· Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth and/or change objectives of the organization
Team leadership and management (15%)
· Coach, develop, and support team
· Set clear expectations and provide direction to team
· Communicate frequently and provide coaching and support in performance of job duties
· Provide growth and development opportunity through feedback and learning experiences
Facilities Management (20%)
· Ensure that Mary’s Place is in compliance with all requirements for workplace health and safety, train staff to identify and resolve safety issues and reduce or eliminate workplace hazards
· Lead cross functional disaster preparedness teams to ensure that the organization has a plan in place for emergencies, including the supplies needed, at every site
· Manage and oversee all stages of new shelter openings. Actively seek out opportunities for potential new sites, direct the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes for opening new facilities
Transportation Management (20%)
· Coordinate transportation and logistics to ensure timely operations and deliveries to all shelter locations
· Manage preventative and emergency maintenance of all facilities and vehicles
· Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
Food Service Management (20%)
· Oversee food services program, including centralized ordering and inventory system as well as preparation and distribution of food to all shelter sites
· Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
· Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
· At least five years of multi-function operations experience including facilities, transportation and food service
· At least three years in a senior leadership role with an operations focus is required
· Prior experience as a member of an executive management team is required
· Prior experience leading teams is required
· A strong commitment to social justice and a passion for Mary’s Place’s mission
· Compelling communication and influencing skills, a strong work ethic, impeccable integrity, positive attitude, and strong commitment to working collaboratively
· Superior critical thinking capabilities and experience developing and implementing strategic plans and overseeing major initiatives
· Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook)
· Ability to protect the confidentiality of sensitive information by learning and following all relevant policies and protocols and using sound judgment in the handling and sharing of that information
· Highly motivated, resourceful, flexible, and possesses a positive attitude
· Strong communication and documentation skills
· Exhibits compassion and empathy; works well with people from all ethnic, social, economic and sexual orientation backgrounds
· Attention to detail, interacting with others in-person and through email, using critical thinking skills to strategize, develop and implement business plans, create, and edit documents, listen and participate verbally at meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Ability to converse with and listen to people in many different settings
· Ability to use a computer and telephone, as well as other standard office equipment
· Frequently required to stand, walk, use fingers, hands, and arms
· Ability to occasionally push, pull, lift, and/or carry supplies up to 25 pounds
· Work takes place in a social services environment where long periods of sitting, working on a computer, walking to various work areas, going up and down stairs, and standing are required
· Travel to program sites and meetings outside the site and around the county are necessary
· Ability to work in an environment where there may be animals present, including dogs
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. Mary’s Place will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship to Mary’s Place would result.
In addition, Mary's Place offers the following benefits to full-time staff:
• Medical and dental insurance with the cost for core employee coverage paid at 100% by the company and competitive family rates
• Basic Life Insurance of $50,000 at no cost to employee; option to buy up for additional coverage
• 403(b) plan with a 50% employer match on the first 6% employee contribution. Eligible to participate upon hire; eligible for the match after first year of employment.
• Unlimited use ORCA pass for a small deduction per pay period
• 15 days paid time off (PTO) each calendar year (front-loaded and pro-rated)
• 10 days of sick time each calendar year (front-loaded and pro-rated)
• 10 days of flexible floating holidays each calendar year (accrued 40 hours on January 1st and 40 hours on July 1st). Prorated based on date of hire for first year of employment.
• Employee Assistance Program
Mary’s Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Valuing diversity and championing equity are core values at Mary’s Place. Mary’s Place is an equal opportunity employer with a culturally diverse work environment and a commitment to social justice.
Mary's PlaceWhy Work Here?
Amazing organization, devoted to improving the lives of the women and families served .
Mary’s Place provides safe and inclusive shelter and services for women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness. We operate a women’s day center and several 24x7 family centers/shelters in King County. We serve hundreds of families–moms, dads, and children–providing a safe place for them to be inside and together at night, along with food, showers, clothing, and access to housing and employment resources. We believe that no one’s child should sleep outside. Valuing diversity and championing equity are core values at Mary’s Place. Mary’s Place is an equal opportunity employer with a culturally diverse work environment and a commitment to social justice.
113 Dexter AvenueSeattle, WA