LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide oversight of the daily operations of the Howard County Health Department (HCHD) providing supervision for direct nursing care to patients in various community settings and HCHD clinics. The work may be performed at patients' homes, schools and other community settings to provide community health nursing services to individuals, families and the community. This position will provide oversight for assessment, education and assistance to patients in understanding present health status with consideration for social determinants and counseling, guidance, referral and treatment of physical, mental and emotional health needs to patients, their families and other caregivers.
Education:A Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience as a Community Health Nurse.
Notes:1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute a Master's degree in nursing or related field from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
4. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One (1) year of experience working in the Adult Evaluation and Review Services (AERS) and Nurse Monitoring Programs
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working in a Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Maryland site
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in navigating the internet
- Ability to travel in Howard County
- Experience with case management
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a registered nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number should be uploaded on your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Department: MDH Local Health - Howard County
Date Opened: 9/13/2019 3:16:00 PM
Filing Deadline: 9/27/2019 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $52,687.00 - $84,552.00/year
Employment Type: Full-Time
HR Analyst: Jennifer Bui
Work Location: Howard