Maryland Walk Condominium Association is seeking a full-time Maintenance Manager for our luxury residential high-rise building, bordering the downtown cityscape and vibrant neighborhoods of Clayton, Missouri. Our community of 100 condominium owners enjoys a premier living experience supported by unrivaled amenities, 24 hour doorman and experienced on-site Management team.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the continuous operation of all building systems through preventative maintenance and timely repairs coordinated with the Property Manager and outside contractors. Applicant must have working knowledge of all typical high-rise building mechanical systems, including cooling towers, building automation system, air handlers, VAV’s, heat pumps, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and access control. Additionally, you will perform common area maintenance including but not limited to drywall repairs, painting, power-washing, and snow removal. Work orders for homeowners will mostly involve minor plumbing and light bulb replacement. Candidates must be very detail-oriented, take personal pride in their work and exhibit a friendly attitude while maintaining a professional demeanor with our homeowners.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Establish and coordinate a preventative maintenance program with the goal of improving and preserving the appearance, functionality and safety of the entire property.
- Perform preventative maintenance and general repairs to operational and aesthetic elements including, but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliances, door closers, common area woodwork, paint and lighting.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians when work cannot be performed in-house.
- Maintain accurate logbooks for equipment warranties, pm’s, and inspections. Prepare for and provide documentation to satisfy Fire Safety and Pool inspections.
- Maintain upkeep of all common area and emergency lighting.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment daily, document unsafe or defective conditions and communicate them immediately to the Property Manager.
- Report observed violations of Rules and Regulations to Property Manager.
- Respond to and finalize all work orders in a timely manner. Follow up upon completion.
- Maintain proper chemical balance of pool water and ensure that pool area equipment and conditions meet Health Department requirements.
- Manage supply inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of shop and all work areas, especially the Boiler Room.
- Work with Property Manager to plan and control annual and capital budgets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Property Manager.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Four years of Building Maintenance experience required (preferably condominium).
Experience implementing preventative and routine maintenance programs with a basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry.
Ability to perform duties independently but also accept guidance and direction from the Property Manager.
Must have experience reading blueprints.
Knowledge of the tools and methods employed in building repair and maintenance.
Work requires ability to walk the physical property, stand and work on ladder, lift up to 50 pounds, push dumpsters and work in hot and cold outdoor temperatures.
Stable job history; Professional appearance
Possess a high school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred. Tech or trade school is a plus
Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification required. Can be obtained after employment. Must possess a valid Missouri Driver’s License.
Must be willing to take and pass a drug screen.
Must consent to and pass a criminal background check.
Must agree to “On-Call” status for 24 hour response to emergency situations and inclement weather preparedness.
Continuing education for the right candidate Military-experienced candidates encouraged to apply
Maryland Walk Condominium Association is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, handicap or marital status. Your opportunity for employment with Maryland Walk Condominium Association depends solely upon your qualifications.