- Is knowledgeable with sterile and non-sterile compounding.
- Is knowledgeable and efficient with calculations necessary in compounding.
- Places medications in designated area for pharmacist to check, sends/delivers medications as required.
- Is knowledgeable with regard to the proper use and handling of hazardous medications.
- Compounds and handles hazardous medications in accordance with established guidelines and regulations (i.e. USP 797, USP 795, and USP 800)
- Answers phones in a courteous and timely manner.
- Attends to customers in a timely manner.
- Assists in preparation of stat items investigating and preparing missing medications and serves as a bridges between the customer and the pharmacist
- Reorders as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies.
- Receives, checks in and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors
- Compounds specialty drug products.
- Uses aseptic technique when compounding sterile drug products.
- Completes accurate documentation of items compounded and repackaged.
- Performs quality control activities related to sterile compounding and the clean room per company policy
- Is familiar with, and strives to meet, various guidelines and recommendations as put forth by various governing bodies.
- Works to ensure compliance with accreditation standards, State, Federal, OSHA and other regulatory standards.
- Follows all agency department policy and procedures.
- Assists with refill requests from patients and help pharmacists as required
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned by Pharmacy management.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Registered with Maryland Board of Pharmacy as a pharmacy technician
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Experience with aseptic technique.
- Must be able to communicate and problem solve effectively with all educational levels and with a variety of professional disciplines as well as with patients, families, staff and physicians.
- Must possess both verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills and problem solving skills.
- Requires independent thinking, excellent communication, listening, writing, and analytical skills.
- Requires strong organizational, operational and time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Must be able to solve mathematical problems accurately and efficiently.
- Have the manual dexterity, eye hand coordination, fine and gross motor skills and tactile abilities to perform such functions as necessary to scope of practice.
- Be capable of working with highly technical equipment.
- Lifting or moving of equipment and materials up to 20 pounds.
- Bend, stand, walk, squat, reach and stretch frequently.