- Posted: 7 days ago
MRDC is looking for an experienced Facility Technician who will be responsible for repairs and maintenance at all centers, including playgrounds, to ensure safety at all times. The right person will conduct regular preventive maintenance and repair activities. A company vehicle will be provided to travel to various locations to support centers in Harford and Cecil Counties and occasionally provide additional support to other facility technician team members. A strong applicant will be a “Jack/Jill of all trades,” with training in many different fields, and will have a flexible schedule.
Regular activities to make sure buildings and equipment stay in working order:
Scheduled inspections of building interiors and exteriors.
Schedule technical, cleaning, and repair services.
Maintenance of exteriors: lawn care, trimming, painting, etc.
Delivery of center and kitchen supplies.
Lighting and electricity:
Performance of minor fixes (making sure that burned-out light bulbs are replaced, etc).
Inspection of electric cables, outlets, appliances, and fixtures to ensure they meet OCC/Licensing standards.
Making sure that emergency lighting fixtures are functional.
Office space management, layout, and furniture placement:
Setting up necessary business furniture: desks, chairs, cabinets, etc.
Providing additional equipment and supplies to facility users as necessary.
Contracting out maintenance, repair, refit, and improvement services:
Maintaining relationships with potential contractors that may provide the required services.
Identify, formulate, estimate, and list the needs for repairs and other services.
Contact contractors with specific needs, take bids, and provide bids to Operations Coordinator.
- Preferred: Certification or Degree in an area of Construction, Facilities or Property Management or related field, plus relevant experience.
- Minimum: Two years experience working in Construction, Facilities or Property Management or related field.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) and collaborate with various professional, community and regulatory groups throughout the three counties.
- Ability to organize and delegate in an efficient manner and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to recruit, supervise, direct and evaluate independent maintenance contractors/service providers and volunteers as required for program operations
- Must be willing/able to travel to all MRDC sites
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to work with Word, Excel and other database software.
- Must obtain and pass a physical, TB test, and criminal background check.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
Maryland Rural Development Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?