- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Maryland Capital Enterprises (MCE), a nonprofit, Community Development Financial Institution, and Small Business Administration-approved lender is currently hiring in our Baltimore office for the position of Baltimore Region Business Consultant. This is a full-time, entry-level position, with benefits.
Operating for over 24 years, with offices in Salisbury and Baltimore, MCE provides free counseling, technical assistance, and microlending to Maryland’s small businesses – we want small business to thrive! This position will be based in Baltimore with occasional travel to Salisbury on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. The position description is as follows:
The Baltimore Region Business Consultant acts as a conduit of knowledge and resources between the organization and the client. The Consultant is responsible for: (1) maintaining a strong customer relationship with loan clients; (2) supporting loan clients in building business management skills; and (3) tracking and reporting data and progress on loan clients. The Consultant delivers scheduled consultations with clients and supports building acumen in fundamental business management skills such as business plan development and creating cash flow projections. This position reports to the Baltimore Regional Director and works closely with other MCE staff to meet overall organizational objectives and serve the needs of our clients. Occasional travel required as the main office is in Salisbury, Maryland.
• Assess client financial and business management skills and gaps.
• Provide one-on-one business consultations and site visits to support clients in building their financial and business management skills and goals.
• Monitor client progress and document outcomes.
• Assist with the planning and execution of the Annual Entrepreneur of the Year award kickoff party and banquet on the Eastern Shore.
• Assist clients in developing their skills in cash flow management, cash flow projections, and financial analysis.
• Direct clients to tools and resources that assist in small business management knowledge and skill building.
• Lead client in developing, presenting (both orally and in writing), and ushering the application through entire application process.
• Support Loan Team with delinquency management.
• As needed, enter client data in the Small Business Administration’s tracking database.
• Foster peer-to-peer client connections, facilitate networking opportunities, and promote the organization’s education/technical assistance component.
• Support MCE team with specific client data requests.
• Engage in public speaking and participate in networking and client events as needed.• Assist with researching and writing grant applications as requested.
• Maintain and/or possess knowledge and skills related to small business management in the Baltimore region.
• Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of work experience in small business operations and/or business consulting required.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom.
• Demonstrated basic understanding of data analysis preferred.
• Prior experience working with micro-entrepreneurs and/or small businesses desired
• Knowledge of and commitment to community development preferred.
• Demonstrated skill in cash flow management and statements of cash flow.
• Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
• Superior analytical and organizational skills.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on clarity, conciseness, and relevance.
• Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and effective decision making.
• Experience with nonprofits and/or in the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) industry highly preferred.
• Experience with entrepreneurship, microfinance, social enterprise, and/or program development and evaluation is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Bilingual competency in Spanish language highly preferred.
Send resume, writing sample, and cover letter with salary requirements to Nick Rudolph, Baltimore Regional Director, Maryland Capital Enterprises, at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled. For more information about MCE, please visit www.MarylandCapital.org.
(MCE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees)
Maryland Capital Enterprises
To Apply: Send resume, writing sample, and cover letter with salary requirements to Nick Rudolph, Baltimore Regional Director, Maryland Capital Enterprises, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled. For more information about MCE, please visit www.MarylandCapital.org. (MCE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees)
BusinessView all jobs at Maryland Capital Enterprises