- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under general supervision repairs and maintains machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in the industrial establishment.
Work Schedule Requirements: Must be available all shifts; to include nights, weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems following specification, blueprints, manuals, schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane and measuring and testing instruments.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes and grease gun.
- Installs and repairs components of machinery and equipment. Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repair and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure specifications.
- May install, program or repair automated machinery and equipment, such as programmable controllers.
- May set up and operate machine tools, such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures and tools.
- May operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut to join metal parts.
- May fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions and other wood structures.
- Inspects and repairs boiler fittings, such as safety valves, regulators, automated-control mechanisms, water columns, auxiliary machines such as pumps, draft fans, stokers and burners.
- Installs and repairs refrigerating systems according to blueprints and engineering specifications using knowledge of refrigeration, structural layout, function and design of components.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow our safety protocols at all times, including but not limited to, using the appropriate tools for the appropriate tasks, maintaining a safe working environment, educating yourself on rules, hazards, and safe practices in your workplace, communicating unsafe practices or conditions, and assisting others as necessary to ensure safe practices are maintained.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent.
- Candidate should have basic mechanical skills necessary to complete job tasks assigned.
- Candidate should possess some working knowledge in some, if not all of the following:
- standard tools, materials, methods and practices involved in industrial maintenance
- repair including plumbing, electrical, painting, welding, boiler, refrigeration repair and pipe-fitting
- safe work practices, estimating materials and labor needed
- reading and interpreting blueprints, manuals and building codes
- analyzing and evaluating situations and using independent judgment and initiative in taking effective action;
- making mathematical calculations quickly and accurately; communicating clearly and concisely; operating and caring for electrical, refrigeration, plant repairs and power tools; setting priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Requires walking, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching for extended periods. Near and medium vision. Able to lift heavy (100 lbs max or 50 lbs frequently).
WORK ENVIRONMENT Due to moderate/high noise level of 90 decibels, personal protective equipment is required. Exposed to wet/slippery work conditions. Hazards: Ammonia and cleaning chemicals.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are cultivators of fresh, wholesome and nourishing dairy goodness. A simple and honest pursuit achieved by creating products people crave and operating with passion and integrity.
Founded in 1920 by a small group of dairy farmers dedicated to supplying the nation’s capital with farm-fresh milk, our community has grown to 1,000 farmers-strong, with members spanning from Pennsylvania to Georgia.
Today, this farmer-led cooperative hangs its hat on providing safe and nutritious products that dairy lovers across the globe have come to know for nearly 100 years.
Maryland & Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Association, Inc.
Maryland & Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Association: We are cultivators of fresh, wholesome and nourishing dairy goodness. A simple and honest pursuit achieved by creating products people crave and operating with passion and integrity. Founded in 1920 by a small group of dairy farmers dedicated to supplying the nation’s capital with farm-fresh milk, our community has grown to 1,000 farmers-strong, with members spanning from Pennsylvania to Georgia. Today, this farmer-led cooperative hangs its hat on providing safe and nutritious products that dairy lovers across the globe have come to know for nearly 100 years.
AddressNewport News, VA