The Accounts Payable/Receivable Supervisor will oversee activities in the accounts payable/receivable function. The successful supervisor will ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and application of payments to customers’ accounts as well as maintain accurate records and control reports. In addition to supervising the activities of both payable and receivable departments, this position will take responsibility for updating financial records, managing expense accounts and budget reports, Managing the Dunning process and resolving potential customer disputes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Process and monitor incoming payments and secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts
· Apply cash receipts and update the accounts receivable ledger by customer
· Clear unapplied cash receipts
· Handle escalated client issues and if necessary, obtain and mail invoice copies for customers as well as Dunning letters
· Supervise AR and AP team
· Ensure all supporting documentation is properly maintained for payments and receipts
· Research and process customer claims of invoice payment
· Research and process charge back, returns, and bad checks
· Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries
· Oversee reports regarding cash flow; ensure correct payments are made and receipts are recorded in a timely manner
· Develop and maintain guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger and inventory records
· Analyze invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment
· Verify payments in accordance with company policies prior to payment
· Partner with various departments in order to resolve trade and non-trade related customer deductions.
· Facilitate correct and timely preparation of budget reports
· Ensure proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits
· Ensure employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the preparation of relevant 1099s
· Ensure proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Interview prospective employees for both accounts receivable and accounts payable team to assist with the selection of the best applicant based on skills, knowledge, and abilities required for the job.
· Train and oversee employees involved in accounts payable and receivable functions.
· Direct assigned tasks and assist corporate accounting department as needed.
· Assist with performance evaluations.
· Combines a solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Highly organized and detail-oriented and possesses the ability to effectively work both independently and in a team setting
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
§ Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
§ 5 years of ERP accounting experience, with a preference for SAP S/4 HANA
§ 5 years of relevant supervisory experience
§ Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
§ High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
§ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
§ Working knowledge of accounting, banking and finance functions
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages and volume. Ability to convert units of measures. Ability to present data utilizing an electronic spreadsheet.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.