Sterling, VA 20166
We are working directly with a hiring manage to add a Senior Principal Software Engineer (Agile) to their team. This position will work in support of a U.S. Government customer. The Software Engineer will support a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment including new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. The Software Engineer should have expertise with Agile development experience to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
Security Clearance Requirement: Current TS/SCI is required to be considered AND must also be eligible for DHS Suitability
Role and responsibilities include:
- Providing Software Engineering expertise in support of a large, leading edge, agile-based, cybersecurity system
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test and implementation of advanced cybersecurity software capabilities
- As needed, supporting the development of high quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product training
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
- Leading or participating in trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities
- U.S. Citizenship
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- Ability to obtain DHS Suitability. Current DHS Suitability is preferred
- Education requirement:
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering.
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience including
- 6+ years experience with Agile software development
- Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
- Ability to create a vision and lead teams on large and small scale activities
- Solid understanding and experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
- Possesses or quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar framework
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop) and associated technologies
- Meaningful hands-on experience and knowledge of the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading projects or activities
- Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems.
- DHS experience
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- CSSLP Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
- Certifications related to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe Agilist (SA), Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)