Under the direct supervision of the Housing Director and Housing Supervisor, provides housing support services to the housing team by performing the following duties. Must pass a fingerprinting criminal background test and a drug test. Must have a good 3 year motor vehicle report and be able to drive a 15 passenger van. 3pm to 12am shift, must work one weekend day.
Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following as well as other duties that may be assigned:
- Assists incoming residents in settling into living quarters by conducting a search of baggage and personal items, escorting them to assigned quarters, distributing bedding and personal care items, and providing introductions to roommates.
- Follows-up on recent housing vacancies by washing and collecting used bedding and personal items left by previous consumers.
- Maintains residential apartments by decorating, ensuring necessary appliances are available, furniture, fixtures, and appliances are in safe and clean condition.
- Reviews electronic logbook from previous shift to ensure knowledge of communications throughout previous shift and to assist consumers with issues or concerns not resolved from previous shift.
- Informs Housing staff of any incidents needing immediate attention and completes incident reports when needed.
- Makes daily rounds and apartment inspections to ensure that all participants are at their designated locations/appointments and ensure cleanliness of apartments. Documents findings and concerns from daily rounds and inspections. Reports as necessary.
- Answers incoming calls and responds to callers in an appropriate manner and distributes all messages to appropriate staff.
- Occasionally provides supportive services (i.e. reflection groups, and affirmations) and other therapeutic activities to participants and their children to effect positive change in behavioral and/or social settings.
- Makes daily entries in electronic logbook for other staff members concerning consumers and events.
- Makes copies of work order requests and forwards to rental office; files copies of work orders in appropriate binder.
- Assists in conducting initial and random searches of consumers and visitor’s belongings and properly disposes of inappropriate items.
- Logs new medication and provides medication monitoring for consumers.
- Gathers daily paperwork, makes copies when necessary, and files and/or distributes as appropriate.
- Distributes mail to Housing staff and residents.
- Conduct initial and random urine screens on consumers.
- Assembles and monitors residents for house meetings.
- Provides transportation services to consumers as needed.
- Informs program service staff in writing of client encounters, progress and concerns that required documentation in client permanent chart.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required plus one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. CARES, CACI or CPS preferred.
Mary Hall Freedom House is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Mary Hall Freedom House, Inc.
Why Work Here?Mary Hall Freedom House, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was founded in 1996 with a mission to empower women, children, Veterans and families to End the cycle of addiction, poverty and homelessness. We are a leading multi-service and gender-specific provider of comprehensive behavioral health care and supportive housing programs.
This organization is growing!!!!! We have been around for 24 years and we are still growing. Three new programs in the last three years!!!