Summary: Counsels, advocate and aids individuals and families requiring assistance dealing with substance abuse problems, such as alcohol or drug abuse. LAPC, LMSW, CACII or CADCII
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following as well as other duties that may by assigned:
- Interviews clients, reviews records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of client.
- Formulates program for treatment and rehabilitation of client.
- Counsels clients individually and in-group sessions to assist client in overcoming alcohol and drug dependency.
- Counsels family members to assist family in dealing with and providing support for clients.
- Refers client to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services and employment services.
- Monitors condition of client to evaluate success of therapy and adapts treatment as needed.
- Prepares and maintains reports and case histories.
- Formulates and conducts programs to promote prevention of alcohol and drug abuse
- Tracks clients progress and attendance and shares this information in a weekly multi-disciplinary.
- Utilizes an electronic health record system for progress notes, individual notes, treatment plans and discharge plans. Enters this data timely and accurately.
- Required to work one evening shift.
- Will rotate with other clinicians as facilitator for Family Day.
- Maintains current credentials, licensing and CEU’s as required for position.