We are currently seeking two full-time counselors. One must be a Certified Addiction Counselor with a bachelors degree and the other can be a credentialed or licensed associate level counselor for our Sandy Springs, GA facility. Hours are Monday-Friday, work one late day. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUESTED Credentials. The credentials are mandatory per DBHDD requirements.
The candidate is a counseling professional who provides treatment and support to assist participants in their recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism and drug addiction.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conducts group and/or family sessions, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Facilitate assigned groups;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for participants;
- Prepares individual treatment plan for each assigned participant;
- Ensures all documentation regarding participant care, treatment and incidents are completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- Provides crisis intervention to participants, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned participants;
- May provide case management duties for participants, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluates participant’s needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities is needed; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in social or health services field with 2+ years’ experience in counseling field with an addiction counselor credential (CADCII, CACII, etc.; or bachelor's degree in other field with 4+ years’ experience in the counseling field with an addiction counselor credential (CADCII, CACII, etc.; or Master's degree in social or health services field with 1 year professional work experience; degree must be from an accredited college or university with an addiction counselor credential (CADCII, CACII, MAC, etc.) or Master level associate licensed counselor (LAPC or LMSW).
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.
Mary Hall Freedom House, Inc.
Why Work Here?Mary Hall Freedom House, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was founded in 1996 with a mission to empower women, children, Veterans and families to End the cycle of addiction, poverty and homelessness. We are a leading multi-service and gender-specific provider of comprehensive behavioral health care and supportive housing programs.
This organization is growing!!!!! We have been around for 24 years and we are still growing. Three new programs in the last three years!!!