ORTHOPEDIC SPINE Physician Assistant
Private Orthopedic Spine practice located in Columbus Ohio, seeks Physician Assistant to work in OR as a surgical assistant (spine surgery only) as well as provide support during office hours. Duties to include: patient care in office and, post op management, hospital rounding. This opening is for a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Primary role is to perform first assist duties in surgery.
- Perform a pre-op exam and correlate symptoms to procedure and diagnosis.
- Ability to talk to patients in pre-op and answer any questions about the surgery as well as explain your involvement.
- Performs comprehensive and problem-focused patient histories to ensure there are no special requirements for surgery.
- Assist with any clinical/management projects for the betterment of your territory/team.
- Perform chart reviews and audits, on a weekly basis
- Provide clinical support on non-OR days
- Must have excellent computer skills specifically MS Office, Diagnostic imaging systems, and EMR
- Bachelors required for both PAs and NPs.
- Must have a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Certificate to Practice in Ohio and maintain this certification from the state Medical Board of Ohio.
- Background in any one of the following specialties is preferred: Orthopedic and spine experience highly preferred but not required.
Benefits include Medical and Vision through Medical Mutual. We also offer 401k plans. Starting salary for Physician Assistant is commensurate with experience.