Marucci is currently seeking a highly skilled & motivated Sr. Technical Designer with experience in Men’s & Women’s Apparel, with a strong emphasis in both the on and off the field categories to join our team.
The Senior Technical Designer role manages their product category from initial design and trend concept to final approval. They collaborate with Design and cross-functional teams to achieve the design aesthetic, fit and functional intent of their category. As an expert in fit and garment balance they are responsible for clearly communicating with their factories all corrections, design aesthetic and pattern adjustments to drive the final results required.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions): Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for full life cycle, development through bulk approval while maintaining brand integrity.
- Lead fit sessions on live models with cross-functional teams ensuring size, fit consistency & balance of the garment has been executed to achieve the design aesthetic & functionality .
- Develop block pattern & technical specifications by brand/classification in support of the brand profile, design vision & appropriate athlete bases. Build technical specifications including technical illustration, construction details/seam specification, measurement spec, and trim requirements.
- Effectively communicate fit intent, balance and construction to factories via Photoshop, pattern diagram or directly on pattern.
- Track, record & organize garments & information to ensure timely fit sessions from first proto to production approval.
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Product management, Sourcing, and Merchandising teams to align on strategic intent of the brand.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and adapt quickly to change.
- Track and manage personal workload and workflow to meet weekly & seasonal deadlines.
- Identify potential production, quality and costing challenges and make recommendations.
- Research, analyze and conduct competitive studies to provide continual learnings and recommendations for style & categories on fit, sizing, construction, functionality & emerging technologies.
- Assist in mentoring, developing, and teaching pattern and technical skills, processes, and procedures to technical team members.
Education and Experience: To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Apparel/Textiles, Fashion Design or related degree from an accredited University.
- 5 + years of experience as a Technical designer.
- 2 + years of people management experience.
- Expertise in:
- Fit & garment balance
- Evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body.
- Production patternmaking, grading and construction for multiple product types & categories. (Strong Men’s bottoms experience a plus)
- Working knowledge of PDM / PLM and Patternmaking systems (WFX & Optitex a plus)
- Strong Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop skills
- Knowledge and relationships with factories a plus
- Proficient in MS Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to clearly & effectively communicate & collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams and vendors through multiple means; verbal, written, TP’s, email, skype
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the position, thee employee is regularly required to prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: Travel is expected for the position; may include overnight and international.
EEO Statement: The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against job applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Similarly, the Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee discrimination or harassment, including harassment that is based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Today, Marucci manufactures wood and aluminum/composite baseball and softball bats, gloves, on-field and lifestyle apparel, and other baseball and fastpitch softball gear. In addition to being the most-used bat in the Big Leagues, Marucci is also the official equipment provider to over 50 college programs, 30 elite travel ball organizations, and outfits hundreds of high school and youth teams nationwide.
Why Work Here?Dedication to quality and an understanding of players’ needs took Marucci from a backyard shed in Baton Rouge to the No.1 bat in the Big Leagues. Started in 2004 by two former pros and their athletic trainer, Marucci is proudly founded, majority-owned, and operated by Big Leaguers. Star players including Albert Pujols, Buster Posey, Anthony Rizzo, Andrew McCutchen and Francisco Lindor are partners in the company and advise, test, and approve all Marucci products. Today, Marucci manufactures wood and aluminum/composite baseball and softball bats, gloves, on-field and lifestyle apparel, and other baseball and fastpitch softball gear. In addition to being the most-used bat in the Big Leagues, Marucci is also the official equipment provider to over 50 college programs, 30 elite travel ball organizations, and outfits hundreds of high school and youth teams nationwide.
Great team, exciting work, and growing company!
Baton Rouge, LA