Marucci Sports is looking for a creative and highly motivated Web Designer (WD) to join our Marketing Team in Baton Rouge. As an integral part of the Marketing department, the Web Designer (WD) will create the look, layout and features of our website, landing pages and other marketing pages and tools. The Web Designer (WD) will also provide in-house graphic support for Marucci Sports marketing initiatives and brand campaigns.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging and brand-consistent web experiences.
• Continually improve and optimize user experience for sites.
• Ability to collaborate with marketing and website development team members.
• Ensure creative deadlines are met by working effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment while maintaining brand equity and proper execution of said marketing materials.
• Projects include but are not limited to the development of web page design, web asset design and email marketing.
• Provide design support for other designers as needed.
• Associates Degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Graphic Design or a related field required.
• Formal qualifications in graphic design or relevant discipline with a strong passion for digital and web design.
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years of work experience as a Web Designer required.
• Possesses a strong portfolio in digital and/or print.
• Expertise using such software tools as Photoshop, Illustrator, CSS, and HTML.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Exceptional eye for quality and attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, positive work attitude, strong sense of responsibility.
• Knowledge of baseball rules, players, teams, etc. is not required.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While preforming the duties of the position, the work is primarily sedentary and may require sitting for extended periods of time. The employee is regularly required to use computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
EEO Statement: The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against job applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Similarly, the Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee discrimination or harassment, including harassment that is based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision.
• 401(k) with company match.
• Paid time off.
Today, Marucci manufactures wood and aluminum/composite baseball and softball bats, gloves, on-field and lifestyle apparel, and other baseball and fastpitch softball gear. In addition to being the most-used bat in the Big Leagues, Marucci is also the official equipment provider to over 50 college programs, 30 elite travel ball organizations, and outfits hundreds of high school and youth teams nationwide.
Why Work Here?Dedication to quality and an understanding of players’ needs took Marucci from a backyard shed in Baton Rouge to the No.1 bat in the Big Leagues. Started in 2004 by two former pros and their athletic trainer, Marucci is proudly founded, majority-owned, and operated by Big Leaguers. Star players including Albert Pujols, Buster Posey, Anthony Rizzo, Andrew McCutchen and Francisco Lindor are partners in the company and advise, test, and approve all Marucci products. Today, Marucci manufactures wood and aluminum/composite baseball and softball bats, gloves, on-field and lifestyle apparel, and other baseball and fastpitch softball gear. In addition to being the most-used bat in the Big Leagues, Marucci is also the official equipment provider to over 50 college programs, 30 elite travel ball organizations, and outfits hundreds of high school and youth teams nationwide.
Great team, exciting work, and growing company!
Baton Rouge, LA