Field Site Shop Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $54,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Job Title: Field Site Shop Technician
Company: Contracted by Martori Farms for Agricultural Equipment Manufacturer
Hiring Manager: Jason Schuster
Job Function: The shop technician’s purpose is to be the first point of contact to assist the agricultural manufacturer’s engineering department in research and development by working on experimental and production machines. Technicians perform mechanic duties at the test site shop as well as in the field to keep the machines operational. Issues that are discovered through failures or operational/operator feedback are reported in a clear and complete manner to the engineering center.
· Independently perform basic and complex machinery diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance work on agricultural diesel vehicles.
· Perform tests on machines in various agricultural conditions in accordance with instructions from product engineering personnel.
· Analyze root cause of failures.
· Provide data using data collection tools as needed.
· Provide operational and technical support for agricultural diesel machines.
· Compile test reports and communicate results to the appropriate engineering design group.
· Prepare reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
· Fabricate experimental parts using drawings and/or hand sketches (sheet metal, machining, welding).
· Maintain condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment in good working order.
· Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
· Familiarity with mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Good communication and teamwork skills.
· Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
· Clean driving record
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
· AOS or OAD in automotive or diesel technology preferred.
· Clean driving record
Outstanding Candidate Qualities:
· Multi-lingual (Proficient in English and Spanish is preferred)
· Knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of agricultural equipment.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?