Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier, engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
We make people's lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers;
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people;
- Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: Perform preventative maintenance tasks to ensure efficient production processes.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months to a year of related experience/training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- Forklift Operator and Scissor Lift Operator Licenses
- Know how to understand and use hand and power tools
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge/experience/background
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Complete check off sheets for machines
- Receive work order, and complete all assigned tasks (check and maintain grease and oil levels; check robots, cable protection, and fixtures for wear; adjust sensors, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and follow through with basic repairs of manufacturing equipment and electronic controls
- Complete routine maintenance tasks to keep machines in standard operating condition
- Clean manufacturing equipment to facilitate inspections and repairs
- Inspect, fill, adjust, and repair manufacturing equipment lubrication systems and components
- Inspect and repair pneumatic system components including hoses, cylinders, and valves
- Perform safety system checks on manufacturing equipment prior to performing cleaning and repairs
- Record material usage
- Inspect conveyor belts; lubricate and adjust tracking as necessary
- Clean maintenance shop and equipment
- Assist with, and further knowledge in, machine repair
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Facility Maintenance Supervisor
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- 100% Plant Floor (PPE Required)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb, crouch/kneel, hear, perform overhead work, pull/push, reach, stand, talk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, walk, and lift/move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to drive and sit. Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to adjust focus are all required.
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match
- Short-term disability coverage
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Training Opportunities