Martinrea International Inc. Tuscaloosa, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Mission is to make people's lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers;
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people;
- Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders.
Our strength is our people
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: To ensure that all nonproduction items are procured as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- College or Certified Purchasing Professional (preferred)
- Computer and negotiating skills
- 3-5 years of MRO buying experience
- Other relevant experience as deemed appropriate by the Company may be substituted for the requirements set out above.
- To coordinate the purchase of supplies as requested by all departments
- To assist the Maintenance Supervisor as necessary.
- Ensure that supplies conform to necessary standards.
- Are responsible for complying with the requirements of the Environmental Policy and for implementing the policy within the scope of their duties.
- Responsible for the completion Environmental Management Program tasks related to their assigned area of responsibility.
- The originators of work instructions shall be responsible for maintaining such work instructions.
- Any employee who identifies a non-conformance has the responsibility of immediately bringing the matter to the attention of the Environmental Management Representative.
- Any employee that develops or maintains an environmental record shall be responsible for developing and maintaining such records as described in EMS- Procedures
- Employees are responsible for following emergency procedures as directed and instructed to protect you own health & safety, that of co-workers and the environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Office Environment and Plant Floor (PPE required)
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
- Overtime as required
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice
Martinrea International Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Martinrea International Inc.