Operations Controller I
MartinFederal Huntsville, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
Founded in 2007 in Huntsville, AL, MartinFederal has provided the U.S. government with customer-focused, performance-based solutions using technology and an empowered workforce as an engine to drive its customers' missions. Our goal is to attract the best and brightest within their field.
We work hard to bring a robust benefits package, fair pay, and to create a work environment that recognizes success, encourages community involvement, and promotes personal and professional growth. Consider joining our team today!
MartinFederal has an opening for an Operations Controller (OC) to join our team of talented and diverse individuals. This role will directly support the International Space Station and will be based at Marshall Space Flight Center.
The Operations Controller (OC) manages the execution of International Space Station (ISS) U.S. payloads and science experiments and ensures the required resources and constraints are in place to effectively and safely operate.
- The OC is responsible for coordination of any U.S. payload anomaly troubleshooting and recovery as well as recovery of payloads due to systems failures.
- The OC must be knowledgeable on systems-to-payloads/experiment interfaces as well as the payload/experiment hardware/software, rules, regulations, safety requirements, and operational procedures.
- The OC team supports real-time operations seven days a week, twenty-four hours per day.
- Other duties include reviewing CDR Data Packs, writing payload crew procedures, defining, coordinating and performing crew payload training, participating in usability tests and developing Phase III cadre training.
- They support development of real-time flight products as well as Flight Rules and Payload Regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant field OR an Associate's Degree with (2) years of relevant experience.
- US Citizen.
- Roles will include operations product development, operations process implementation, and support to operations execution.
- Good communication skills are a necessity.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Some degree of leadership is expected.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8th, 2021 or received approved exemption status.
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus.
- The desired knowledge base for this job includes an understanding of engineering, operations integration, and systems analysis.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, prolonged sitting while using the computer and the telephone and attending meetings, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness.
- Ability to use a computer to input and retrieve information and data.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to travel as required by the Company.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID VACCINATION POLICY
As condition of employment with MartinFederal, full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work for the Company. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
MartinFederal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access MartinFederal's current openings as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 855.212.1810. Thank you for your interest in MartinFederal Consulting.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at MartinFederal