Systems Engineer Level III
Martin UAV Prosper, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Systems Engineer Level III
Martin UAV is a private, advanced technology company with multiple locations across the United States with central offices located in Plano, TX. We build wholly-unique, unmanned aircraft systems and associated flight control software for a global customer base. Our systems are commercially developed to fill critical operational needs in tactical, maritime and confined operational environments for military, defense, commercial, law enforcement and private applications. Our state-of-the-art systems deliver safe, cost-effective and reliable operations on the tactical edge to customers worldwide.
We’re looking for a System Engineer with safety and reliability experience to participate with the design, development and optimization of our vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft. The candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter and will perform the conceptual and detail system designs in support of contracted programs, bid and proposal and internal research and development projects. This role will independently apply a high degree of creativity, engineering skill and judgment in applying engineering principals.
The Systems Engineer Level 3 responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and document system and unit requirements using requirement management tools for flow-down to hardware, software, and system integration engineers
- Lead system and unit requirement verification including compliance matrix development, verification test procedure development, verification test completion, and verification test report development
- Support proposal activities as the focal for determining the optimum technical approach, authoring the technical description, determining compliance to customer specifications, and supporting development cost and schedule estimates
- Coordinate directly with customers to assist in design decisions, maximizing reuse of existing designs where possible
- Resolve technical challenges with a high degree of analytical expertise and originality
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Experience in reading and interpreting and applying engineering drawings, including assembly drawings, parts lists, wire lists, and schematics.
- Experience with application of Reliability principles or engineering experience in support of electronic systems.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing data from a variety of sources.
- Experience working in cross functional team environments.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead development efforts.
- Enjoy small focused teams and an aptitude for working across disciplines when required.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering or a related field
- Experience with VTOL aircraft
- Experience with DO-160, ARP4754A, business jet, helicopter, electric aircraft, and aircraft OEM requirements
- Experience with a requirement management tools such as Borland Caliber, DOORS, or Jama preferred
- Experience in failure modes and mechanisms related to the assembly, test and repair of complex electromechanical systems
- Proactive and effective in addressing reliability issues with program design, production, and sustainment teams
- Ability to function well in a high-pressure multi-tasking environment
- Experience working in the DoD customer community (US Army, US Air Force, US Navy)
- This position does offer relocation.
Willingness to Travel:
- Up to 20% (Required)
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Career Growth Opportunities
Martin UAV, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, sexual orientation or national origin in its recruitment, hiring and/or employment practices and policies. Employees must have citizenship or residency status at a level that allow them to have access to all US military bases and to technical information under the International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) regulations under the Department of Defense and Department of State.
TechnologyView all jobs at Martin UAV