Outside Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Martin Sprocket & Gear is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team! In this role, you will sell power transmission components and/or bulk material handling equipment throughout the Ohio and Indiana regions. Other focus areas include product training, presentations, and new business development. As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities.
Who is Martin Sprocket & Gear?
Martin is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family-run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America.
Why is it great to work for us?
As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities. We take great pride in our people and believe they are our greatest asset.
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation Package- Company Car- Phone
- Expense Allowance
What will you do?
In this position, you will sell power transmission components and/or bulk material handling equipment throughout the Ohio and Indiana Regions. Other focus areas include product training, presentations, and new business development.
- Promote and sell our Power Transmission components (sprockets, gears, sheaves, and pulleys) and/or Bulk Material Handling equipment (screw conveyors, bucket elevators, drag conveyors, and conveyor pulleys) to an established distributor base throughout the Midwest Region.
- Perform product training and sales presentations.
- Develop new business while maintaining excellent service for current customers.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of parts and equipment.
- Significant travel is a must
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Industrial marketplace in the Midwest Region
- Familiarity with PT components (sprockets, gears, sheaves, and pulleys) and/or Bulk MH equipment (screw conveyors, bucket elevators, drag conveyors, and conveyor pulleys)
- Outside sales experience with a proven successful track record of selling to an established distributor base
- Ability to perform Product Training and Sales Presentations
- Experience in the development of new business
- Moderate to complex math aptitude; along with mechanical aptitude
- Friendly; with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-management with a drive to succeed and achieve goals
- Un-yielding commitment to customer service
- Computer proficiency, plus organizational and multi-tasking skills
[Please Note: We do not accept applications from previous or current Authorized Martin Distributors.]
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Mechanical Assembly Skills
- Recruiting and Training Experience
- Budgeting / Forecasting Experience
- Supplier Negotiation Experience
- Contract Negotiation Experience
- High School / GED
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Shop Math Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- ERP Software
- Quality Control Software
Martin Sprocket & Gear Incorporated
350 Airport RoadMontpelier, OH
BusinessView all jobs at Martin Sprocket & Gear Incorporated