Summer Intern - Central Division
- Posted: over a month ago
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest individuals, who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential and crush their career goals. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
About the Program:
The Martin Marietta Production Internship is an investment in you. It is our way of identifying and developing the very best people and it is your portal to a challenging and rewarding career. When you join our team, you bring to the table your unique talents along with shared values of excellence and integrity. Many of our most valuable company leaders began their careers as interns.
What to Expect:
Interns will enter an approximately 10-week rotational internship program, allowing for ownership of a project, allowing the individual to learn the Aggregates business and develop professional skills including leadership, time management, and relationship building. The goal of the Internship program is to provide individuals with hands-on experience in the Aggregates mining industry and allowing them to explore safety, human resources, production, engineering, geology, quality control, sales, and so much more.
- Adheres to and enforces ethical, safety and environmental measures.
- Operates and maintains equipment throughout the plant, including but not limited to, crushers, screens, conveyors, and heavy off-road equipment.
- Becomes familiar with the operations of an Aggregate Mine, understanding the complete production process.
- Becomes familiar with the traits of high-performing managers in Martin Marietta.
- Ensures all activities are performed in accordance with the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Values, and in compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and Code of Ethical Business Conduct
Qualifications and skills:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the following (or similar) areas:
- Mining Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Construction Management
- Human Resources
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Prior full-time experience is not required.
- Must possess the ability to learn technical processes, high-level verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced production environment.
EngineeringView all jobs at Martin Marietta
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?