Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for meeting volume and average selling price expectations for assigned territory and customer set.
- Develop, build, and maintain relationships with new and current customers.
- Actively prospect for new opportunities and accounts.
- Collect and report on key market trends, competitive and customer information, or other key data and report your findings and insights to the District Sales Manager and VP/GM.
- Assist in the development and execution of the Des Moines District strategic market plan to coordinate sales and marketing efforts for your assigned accounts.
- Understand product uses, and their impact on the customer.
- Develop sales priorities that match product sales to operational capabilities.
- Develop an accurate sales forecast for territory and customer set while maintaining your project backlog.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Understand the quality control specifications and standards for products.
- Have basic knowledge of the aggregate mining and production process.
- Assist in collections.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required.
- Focused and engaged in Safety Culture.
- Meet or exceeds Martin Marietta Ethical Conduct requirements.
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Self - Motivated
- Attention to detail
- Organizational Skills
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This job operates 80% of the time engaging with the customer at their office setting, or at jobsites. 20% of the time will be in a professional office environment at Martin Marietta.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel by car will be frequent and overnight travel will be expected from time to time.
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction Management, or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years business to business sales experience in the aggregate industry or related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Martin MariettaUrbandale, IA
BusinessView All Martin Marietta Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.