SQL Server Database Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Martin Marietta is filling a fulltime position for a SQL Server Database Administrator. This role will have comprehensive knowledge of SQL administration. The candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end implementation, administration, monitoring and decommissioning of Microsoft SQL Server database systems.
- Maintain highly available SQL servers in Production and Non-Production environments, including;
- SQL implementation;
- SQL cluster management;
- System patching;
- Performance tuning;
- Performance monitoring;
- Capacity planning.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience as a SQL Server Database Administrator;
- Strong experience with SQL Server 2008 through 2019 databases, Integration Services, and Reporting Services in software development and production environments;
- Technical knowledge and experience with database environments, security, tools, utilities, configurations, backup and recovery, job scheduling, release management, change management and compliance;
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of High Availability implementations – Availability Groups, Log Shipping, Clustering;
- Experience with SQL Server Patch implementation;
- Experience with SQL Server monitoring, reporting and alerting;
- Experience with SQL Server performance tuning;
- Strong communication, team and interpersonal skills;
- Strong SQL (Transact-SQL) skills;
- Awareness of database design patterns and working experience of object-relational mapping;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks to best meet overall goals;
- Experience with data recovery methods;
- Knowledge of SSIS packages and SSRS reports;
- Experience writing stored procedures;
- Able to work after-hours, and be on-call;
- Able to participate in quarterly server maintenance weekends, and recovery exercises.
- Experience with Ola Hallengren maintenance solutions;
- Ivanti or LANDesk experience;
- SQL virtualization experience;
- SolarWinds, DPA and Spotlight experience;
- Experience with dbatools PowerShell scripting;
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance;
- Microsoft SQL certifications.
- Associate degree in computer science or related discipline preferred, or 5 years of equivalent experience.
TechnologyView all jobs at Martin Marietta