Pit Loader Operator
Responsible for safely and efficiently operating a Pit Loader. Daily pre and post-inspection of the working area safely maintaining work areas with adequate berms and roadways. Follow correct loading practices. Maintaining the quality of product stockpiles. Safe work around conveyors and surge piles at all times. Maintain safe working speeds and promote the leadership of truck drivers. Assist in the maintenance of the loader and perform daily preventative maintenance on loader. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor; participate in safety inspections and plant safety program.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by PRODUCTION.
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance - tire pressure, oil, grease, diesel fuel, hoses for leaks, and all moving parts for proper function.
- Assist with training co-workers as needed.
- Daily Pre and Post Inspections of the work area
- Safe Loading and dumping operations around conveyors and surge piles.
- Maintain Adequate roadways.
- Proper quality control for product stockpiles
- Maintain safe traffic flow in the yard.
- Participates in other tasks required by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Must be able to use hand tools and grease gun to perform all phases of loader maintenance.
- Six months of experience in the operation and maintenance of a front-end loader preferred.
- Maintain leadership in Yard Operations
- Must be able to operate loaders 988 size or larger.
- Must have hand-eye coordination and vision to safely operate mobile equipment.
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner. This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots and hearing protection.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Willing and able to use a shovel when required.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Able to work from elevated platforms.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective coordination and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understand team-based management.
- Mechanical knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Martin MariettaGolden, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.