Pay Compliance Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
General Pay Compliance:
- Liaison between human resources and payroll on all pay-related issues including certified payroll, prevailing wage compliance, employee pay issues, corrections, and updates.
- Coordinate with other departments in collecting all requested data for audits; including health and welfare, MEPP, 401k and pension.
- Act as primary point of contact for historical payroll data, profile data, and other relevant data, including supporting labor relations contract negotiations.
- Provide consultation on policy changes to ensure company remains in compliance with pay-specific legislation, laws, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Work with accounting and payroll to ensure employees are charged to the correct object accounts.
- Maintain hourly wage schedules and pay tables for both union and non-union employee populations.
- Liaise with outside counsel to audit union pension reporting and payment
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping of all union collective bargaining agreements and ensure CBA compliance is maintained for union new hires, layoffs, terminations, retirements, grievances, payroll adjustments and annual increases.
- Understand complex union-related transactions, and the CBAs impacts on other areas such as accounting, accounts payable, payroll, HR Administration, HRIS, Benefits, and legal compliance.
- Audit to ensure all union dues and benefit payments for all union employees are paid according to legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Detail-oriented and positive attitude with proven customer service & organizational skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, provide excellent project support, and meet project deadlines
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and able to properly prioritize workload and projects
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access & Outlook)
- Ability to work independently, prioritize activities, and self-manage focus and time for optimum results.
- 2+ years payroll/accounting experience necessary to support validation of G/L entries and maintenance of union payment accounts
- 2+ years direct experience with union compliance work
BusinessView all jobs at Martin Marietta