Inside Sales Representative
Martin Marietta Golden, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Consists of, but not limited to, being responsible for sales of construction aggregates to accounts determined more efficiently serviced by a centralized, internal resource versus an outside sales rep. The intent of the job is to improve “ease of doing work with Martin Marietta” and increasing the amount of business we do with this customer segment. In addition, this position will perform sales, support, and administrative tasks that are determined to be more efficiently carried out by a centralized resource.
A positive and engaging phone presence and having a problem-solving attitude is a must for this role. Product and operational (logistics, dispatch, production) knowledge of all district operations is important as you work with internal and external customers to select the appropriate materials, location, and delivery.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Sales:
New Sales Generation
- Following up on leads and initiating outbound cold calls and emails.
- Researching accounts, identifying key players, generating interest and developing remote rapport with customers.
- Driving superior customer satisfaction through assisting with product needs, selection, potential alternatives, credit application requests, customer qualification, and dispatch process.
- Routing RFQ/RFP for projects to appropriate Outside Sales Representative (OSR).
- As sourced from website, emails, or in-coming phone calls, qualifying the opportunity and determining appropriate Martin Marietta representation (whether to handle or route to OSR or Area Sales Manager (ASM)).
- Coordinating with Customer Service and Dispatch (product availability, product utilization, COD pricing, etc.).
- Adding products / pricing to existing sales orders at the request of OSR and/or Logistics.
- Preparing quotes as requested. Primary focus is on designated customers but also be available to support external sales reps in situations where they are unable to generate a bid in a timely manner and time is of the essence.
- Handling urgent calls, emails, and messages when OSR is not available.
- Serving as a liaison between sales and dispatch to ensure sales order, dispatch, and ticketing accuracy.
- Supporting the West Division Aggregate sales team (CO, WY, UT, NV, WA) as needed to ensure timely completion of both internal and external requests
- Reviewing and approving daily tickets for your customers and sales orders.
- Reviewing and approving all COD Sales Orders prior to billing to ensure accuracy (Material, freight, tax, etc.).
- Assisting with development of weekly/monthly sales reports as needed to improve quote and sales insights.
- Effectively administering reports as required (sales reports: daily shipments, quotations, etc.).
- Working closely with district credit personnel regarding management (setting up new accounts and managing accounts receivable).
- Ensuring sales tax exemption forms/tickets are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Core Competencies, Critical Success Factors & Job-Related Characteristics:
- Industry Knowledge – basic knowledge product quality, construction practices, aggregate plant processing, and customer service/dispatch functions.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills –excellent verbal/written to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers.
- Technology Capabilities - proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and possess thorough knowledge of and be highly proficient in internal systems (i.e. JDE).
- Reliability - Self-starter with excellent planning and administrative skills; excellent time management skills.
- Maintain contact with operations on material availability and product needs.
- Ethics and integrity – comply with best practices; and strict compliance with the Company’s Ethics policy and Code of Conduct.
- Financial – Knowledge regarding pricing strategies, sales forecasting and ability to achieve objectives/key performance indicators (DSO, profit, ASP, tonnage, repeat business, new customers, etc.).
- Customer Service – Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Safety – places safety for self and others as a priority.
- Strong team player with great listening, organizing, and multi-tasking skills.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing, construction management or related discipline preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience (aggregates industry or related field preferred but not required), administrative and/or customer service experience
BusinessView all jobs at Martin Marietta