Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
The Foreman is responsible for the overall leadership of hourly production and maintenance employees on the Night Shift. Key objectives include adhering to safety standards and production expectations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate standards of excellence in the daily work assignments of assigned team in order to meet safe production as outlined by Management. Standards should be communicated through stated goals, daily interaction, and team meetings.
- Perform standard office duties.
- Establish and maintain effective communications within all areas of the operation.
- Monitor ground control and ventilation while working with Land Department
- Must make regular inspections for safety, housekeeping and mechanical issues in all areas of the operation.
- Implement and apply all safety rules, regulations and procedures of mine and property as set forth by federal, state, local agencies & MM policies.
- Work closely with Plant Management team to insure implementation of scheduled maintenance on all equipment.
- Demonstrate a positive, upbeat attitude and energy level towards teammates, peers, and customers.
- Complete daily production, safety and maintenance reports accurately.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of all products.
- Maintain housekeeping and appearance standards as established.
- Guide & assist with equipment repairs and housekeeping as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
This position will supervise up to 20 direct reports.
This job operates frequently in an operations and maintenance environment in an underground and surface mine location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position at a 24-hour operation. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Occasional travel will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- An Associate's Degree in a Skill Trades Capacity, two or more years of supervisory experience or equivalent.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and two or more years of supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Salary Continuation - Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program - for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Requisition ID: 2019-6261
Division: Midwest Division
External Company Name: Martin Marietta, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.martinmarietta.com/
Street: 2117 Parker Dr