Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Under the supervision of the Electrical Manager, the primary function of the Electrical/Instrument Technician is to maintain, calibrate, perform trouble analysis, consult, research, and develop process control instrumentation for the purpose of obtaining optimum production efficiency.
- Coordinate all in-house electrical repairs and upgrades, including those related to plant controls for mining operations
- Troubleshoot electrical from 24V up to 13,000V for underground as well as surface limestone mine
- Work closely with engineering group and outside contracted vendors to meet deadlines and complete capital improvement projects
- Support corporate safety culture and perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Lead by example on all MMM safety rules/procedures and MSHA compliance standards and ensure that all employees are following established safety policies and procedures
- Encourage employees to participate in Guardian Angel activities
- 2 year technical degree in electrical or comparable experience preferred
- Certified / licensed Electrician preferred
- Automation experience preferred
- Experience with PLC's a plus
- Outstanding vendor relations skills (internal and external contractors)
- Must be willing to be on call
- Working knowledge of high voltage electrical systems required
- Skilled in the use of hand tools, test instruments and electrical construction tools
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident - Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program - for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Requisition ID: 2019-6172
Division: Mideast Division
External Company Name: Martin Marietta, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.martinmarietta.com/
Street: 12220 North Meridian Street