Asphalt Safety Specialist
Reporting to the West Division Asphalt Safety Manager, this Safety Specialist position is required to collaborate with many individuals in operations in the front range area of Colorado (Ft. Collins to Colorado Springs). The Safety Specialist is responsible for the daily safety and health tasks required to support Asphalt and Paving operations compliance. This includes safety and health administration, training, auditing and providing direction for location safety and health compliance.
In addition, the position is responsible for assisting with training of current employees with Martin Marietta's Guardian Angel Safety Culture as established. Conduct facility safety audits primarily for OSHA sites. Reviewing & communicating injury & liability loss trends and root cause analysis to their assigned operations groups.
- Schedule and lead new hire orientation for all plant and hourly employees
- On a frequent basis, perform construction job site inspections and conduct follow up sessions with leadership to address findings.
- Conduct OSHA, 1910 and 1926 training.
- On a monthly basis, lead assigned safety audits, track results, provide local leadership with continuous improvement options and follow up on all action items
- Lead and/or review all local property damage analysis
- Lead or provide direction to all assigned location incident investigations
- Complete workers’ compensation administration based on company expectations for all assigned locations
- Complete all safety center administration on observations and near misses for all assigned locations
- Monthly, provide location leadership an update on safety audits, observations and near misses with follow up on all open action items
- Assist in the development of annual refresher training and participate in the training process
- Coordinate annual SOMA Industrial Hygiene assessments and training for all locations
- Assist in identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of hazard resolution
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Maintains OSHA logs
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by Safety Manager
- 75% travel within the Front Range of Colorado region. Ft. Collins, Denver metro and Colorado Springs.
- Participate in local safety committees and associations e.g. CRMCA, AGC, ASSP. CSSGA
Minimum Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of safety-related experience
- OHST, or CHST certifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills for formal meetings
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong follow-up skills and attention to detail are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination, manual dexterity, repetitive motion, standing, sitting (must be able to sit for extended periods of time up to 8 hours), walking, climbing stairs, bending and stooping, and the ability to drive. Work may be performed in all weather conditions - heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
We are excited to share the base salary range for this position is $65,000 - $90,000, exclusive of benefits or bonuses (discretionary and non-discretionary). This position is eligible for our annual discretionary bonus program. The offered base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, business need, market conditions, proficiencies, skills, education, and experience. Additionally, at Martin Marietta we place a high value on internal pay equity and will consider the compensation for those in similarly situated roles and direct team members. The posted range for this role represents the total reasonable pay range and does not solely represent a hiring range. Therefore, hiring at the top or maximum of the range should not be expected as it would not allow for salary growth opportunities in the role, would diminish promotion value, and may not align with internal equity. In addition to our base compensation and bonus opportunities, we also offer a competitive benefits package (more information on benefits listed below).
At Martin Marietta, we offer a variety of health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage; prescription drug coverage; health savings accounts; flexible spending accounts; and life, AD&D and disability insurance. We also encourage our employees to plan for the future by offering a 401(k) with a company match and an employer-funded defined benefit pension plan. Other benefits include paid time off, nine paid holidays, education/tuition assistance, an employee discount program, adoption assistance, wellness programs and more.
Martin MariettaGolden, CO
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.