- Over a month ago
We are seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant for our Tehachapi Cement Plant. The selected candidate will report to the Human Resources Manager and provide support to all departments with an emphasis in the Maintenance department.
- Responsible for assisting management with various administrative duties
- Maintain accurate equipment history records from maintenance work orders
- Enter data into JD Edwards to complete work orders, enter purchase requisitions, approve work order requests, and create and close work orders as directed by the Maintenance Planners and Supervisors
- Work with Maintenance Supervisors and Planners to prepare accurate cost estimates, backlog reports, forecast reports, and various reports for daily meetings
- Record and distribute meeting minutes for weekly planning meetings
- Assist the Planners and Supervisors in ordering parts and equipment rentals
- Prepare preventative work orders daily and distribute them to the proper supervisor
- Type letters/reports and provide general administrative duties as required
- Maintains drawing files, departmental correspondence files, and equipment files
- Maintains organization for the maintenance of buildings
- Assists in tracking action items for the plant where applicable
- Responsible for managing on-call calendar
- Ordering and inventory of office supplies
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Prior experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft programs
- Experience with JD Edwards is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work without constant direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate positive working relationships with all levels of management/staff/vendors/visitors
- Knowledge of hazards associated with areas of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent work ethic; high standard of performance and production
- Proficient - Reading, writing, and math skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
- Project a positive attitude and professional appearance
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills
Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug screen. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time (8 hours) and occasionally lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
The base salary compensation, exclusive of benefits or bonuses (discretionary and non-discretionary), will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, business need, market conditions, proficiencies, skills, education, and experience. Additionally, at Martin Marietta we place a high value on internal pay equity and will consider the compensation for those in similarly situated roles and direct team members. The posted range for this role represents the total reasonable pay range and does not solely represent a hiring range. Therefore, hiring at the top or maximum of the range should not be expected as it would not allow for salary growth opportunities in the role, would diminish promotion value, and may not align with internal equity. In addition to our base compensation and bonus opportunities, we also offer a competitive benefits package (more information on benefits listed below).
At Martin Marietta, we offer a variety of health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage; prescription drug coverage; health savings accounts; flexible spending accounts; and life, AD&D and disability insurance. We also encourage our employees to plan for the future by offering a 401(k) with a company match and an employer-funded defined benefit pension plan. Other benefits include paid time off, nine paid holidays, education/tuition assistance, an employee discount program, adoption assistance, wellness programs and more.
Pay Range: $43,250-$63,000
BusinessView all jobs at Martin Marietta
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?