Millwright/Service Technician-Bulk Materials Handling Systems (Sign-on Bonus)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Celebrating our 77th year, Martin Engineering is a privately owned global manufacturing company located in Neponset, IL. A leader in our industry, we believe it is our people who are responsible for our SUCCESS. Our culture is unique; we want our employees to arrive to work happy and leave for the day feeling that same way. We are united, we know we are better together. We strive to deliver superior service to all of our customers, both internal and external. If you share our values, please continue reading to find out what we are looking for in a Martin Service Technician.
The Service Technician is responsible for delivering, installing, servicing and maintaining Martin wear components and products on assigned service route. The Service Technician will work closely with sales staff identifying sales opportunities within the service route. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction by delivering the desired customer service experience to maximize customer retention and increase profitability. This position will require travel, including some nights away from home.
- Delivers, maintains, installs, and services Martin products as assigned, following standard work instructions while demonstrating safe and efficient work habits. Installation of Martin products is required and must be performed efficiently and safely as possible.
- Communicates project status to supervisor, fellow workers, and customers on an ongoing basis.
- Completes work individually and works expeditiously to complete assigned projects which includes maintenance agreements in assigned territories as required.
- Provides daily sales transactions and documents.
- Follows assigned routes and time schedule as provided.
- Ensures the warehouse and vehicle is properly stocked, cleaned, and maintained with inventory at all times. Must complete weekly cycle counts of warehouse and vehicles with Martin equipment inventory assigned to employee.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner following all traffic laws and abiding by Martin’s Fleet Policy. Adheres to all DOT policies and regulations.
- Will be required to produce quotes and reports for Martin customers for all conveyor products that will be serviced in the field. Additional reports may be required.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows all safety regulations related to the working conditions. Inspects work assignment and work area periodically and completely. This will include the supervision of all subcontractors.
- Recommends service route & process improvements to team.
- Conducts necessary training for assigned employees to ensure the necessary level of quality, safety, operational and technical skill requirements. Ensures that customer safety rules are followed and applied on a daily basis. Complies with OSHA/MSHA requirements regarding safety issues, use of safety equipment and material safety data sheets.
Education, Experience & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two-year technical or vocational degree preferred.
- Strong mechanical or conveyor maintenance background would be beneficial or one or more years of job related experience.
- Some sales background would be beneficial.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Driver qualifications must be met where specified based upon position requirements and established guidelines including Federal DOT regulations.
To learn more about Martin Services copy and paste this link into the address bar on your web browser: https://www.martin-eng.com/content/page/542/martinplus-installation-maintenance
Benefits and Perks - just to name a few..............
- Flexible Spending
- Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term & Long-term Disability
- 401k - with less than 30-day enrollment, no vesting schedule, & generous company match!
- Onsite Medical Clinic free of charge to employees & dependents enrolled in our healthcare plan.
- Onsite Cafe'
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Generous vacation package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Martin Annual Rewards Program (bonus opportunity)
- Casual dress policy
- And much, much more..............
Want to know more about who we are? Check us out at www.martin-eng.com.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Martin Engineering
Get fresh Manufacturing Engineering Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.