Supply Chain Fleet Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Supply Chain Fleet Manager at Marten Transport
OVERVIEW: The Supply Chain Fleet Manager will serve as driver's supervisor/representative in Operations. The fleet manager will manage their driver's performance in identified categories and be the primary communication link between their fleet and operations. In addition, the coordinator will work to achieve optimum driver and customer satisfaction. If you are a competitive person that likes a challenge, this position is for you!
1. Lead all assigned driving associates to achieve their weekly goals by effectively managing their work weeks.
2. Provide clear communication to the driver associate, including, but not limited to, load information, purchase orders, maintenance coordination, safety related topics, performance counseling, dissemination of general company news and information.
3. Responsible for assigned full fleet of tractors and drivers, including, but not limited to effective management for optimum performance in the following categories:
Ø On-time pickup and delivery performance
Ø Out of route miles
Ø Hours of service compliance
Ø Driver availability
Ø Accommodation of special routing needs
Ø Cost control
4. Ensure that each driver has an adequate understanding of all details of customer and company expectations on each load at the point of dispatch.
5. Daily accounting of all assigned trucks and drivers.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Strong oral and written communication skills, strong organizational ability, detail oriented, ability to remain calm under pressure, handle multiple and varied tasks.
College degree in business or two years’ experience in fleet management.
Please apply online at www.marten.com
BusinessView all jobs at Marten Transport
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?