Serve as driver's supervisor/representative in Operations. Manage drivers performance in identified categories and be primary communication link to drivers. Work to achieve optimum driver and customer satisfaction.
1. Sole communications link to driver, including, but not limited to, load information, advances, purchase orders, maintenance coordination, performance counseling and dissemination of general company news and information.
2. Responsible for assigned full fleet of tractors and drivers,
including, but not limited to effective management for optimum performance in the following categories:
* On-time pickup and delivery performance
* Pallet management
* Out of route miles
* Hours of service compliance
* Driver availability
* Accommodation of special routing needs
* Cost control
3. Insure that each driver has an adequate understanding of all details of customer and company expectations on each
load at the point of dispatch.
4. Daily accounting of all assigned trucks and drivers.
5. Other duties as assigned by authorized personnel.
Daily interaction with drivers, other operations staff and management via qualcomm, telephone and in person.
Strong oral and written communication skills, strong organizational ability, detail oriented, ability to remain calm under pressure, handle multiple and varied tasks, basic typing.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable
College degree in business or five years experience in fleet management.